We all use energy to heat and power our homes and can all therefore benefit from woodfuel.
Here are some of the advantages:
- • Net carbon emissions can be reduced compared to fossil fuels.
- • Modern woodfuel combustion technologies are clean and efficient.
- • Given rising prices of fossil fuels, switching to woodfuel can actually reduce fuel bills.
- • So long as forests are sustainably managed, woodfuel provides a renewable source of energy.
- • Incorporating reclaimed clean wood into woodfuel systems helps to reduce the burden on landfill.
- • Managing forests for woodfuel also benefits a wide range of other forest functions such as biodiversity.
- • Financial returns from woodfuel can fund further woodland management.
- • Using woodfuel contributes to UK renewable energy targets.
- • Woodfuel businesses create and sustain rural jobs.